Looking down Cheddar Gorge
Lanier South West, a family run business
Incorporated 2nd July 1953 as Percy Olds Limited of Taunton, Somerset originally owned by a Percival Harold Olds & Dora Olds supplying general office supplies and stationery within Somerset.
In April 1971, Maurice & Helen Smith purchased the company, continuing to run the business from Taunton, but later moving the offices to Cheddar, Somerset trading under the name of Norset Office Supplies limited.
In the early 1970's a change in direction was made to concentrate on products such as Electrostatic Photocopiers. In 1976 a dealership was gained with Sharp Electronics UK making Norset Office Supplies Ltd the first company in Somerset to specialise in plain paper photocopiers.
In 1987 it was decided to become a major supplier of Facsimile machines linking ourselves closer with the Harris/3M organisation, then known as Lanier (UK) Limited, now part of the Ricoh Corporation. This relationship was further enhanced in 1990 by adding the complete range of Lanier products (photocopiers, facsimiles, voice products and information management systems).
In 1992, an unprecedented agreement between ourselves & Lanier Worldwide Corporation was set in motion; we were to trade as Lanier (South West). Ensuring high levels of service along with customer driven performance, all part of Lanier’s “Customer Vision” programme.
Today, we still operate with those same traditional values, under the direction of the next Smith family generation. But still using all the modern systems and technologies available to us….